This is one of the most comprehensive hands on tutorials on Data Mesh, ever presented.
It takes you through an 8 hour journey of introducing data mesh as a multidisciplinary paradigm shift in how organizations manage and use analytical data at scale.
This tutorial is a holistic introduction of data mesh including what it is and how to design and execute its implementation - considering all facets such as architecture, technology, team structure, execution roadmap and governance.
The tutorial will be engaging the audience with both presentations as well as handson workshops and playbacks.
It is designed for a diverse set of audience, with varying level of knowledge about data mesh:
- Data engineers and data product developers responsible for providing the data;
- Data consumers responsible for building analytics or machine learning models using data served and created on the mesh;
- Organizations leaders such as program managers, data strategists, enterprise architects who are responsible for managing the execution of data mesh;
- Data stewards moving into a data mesh product ownership role and new model governance;
- Data infrastructure engineers responsible for architecturing and delivering the underlying self-serve data platform.
The tutorial introduces the following sessions:
- Data mesh introduction principles and logical architecture
- Data mesh technical deep dive - data product affordances and architecture blueprint
- Data mesh technical deep dive - data platform affordances and blueprint
- Data mesh execution at scale - team structure, roadmap, execution model
- Data mesh governance model
Each session will include a talk, a small group kata activity to practice the theories in an example domain context, and a playback of the solutions to the wider audience and Q&A.
If you are curious about data mesh, about to bootstrap a data mesh implementation or somewhere on your data mesh execution roadmap, this tutorial will be a great broad introductory course on most required facets of your data mesh journey.