Note: This is the first day of the three day workshop on CQRS, ES, Projections for C# developers.
Building projections is said to be the easiest part of the circular architecture. Yet, when it comes to designing, authoring, storing, testing, hosting and querying them, we are faced with questions and decisions to be made. This one day training will help you answer those questions and make thought-out decisions. Guided by practical examples and hands-on exercises, we'll explore both theory and practice.
- a primer into messages and events,
- how and where projections fit into your architecture,
- the interaction with an event store and the stores your project into,
- how to analyze and design projections,
- how to author and test projections,
- how to query projections,
- how to deal with failure, hosting, monitoring, ...
- Participants should have a working knowledge of C#
- Bring a laptop with a C# development environment installed.
About Yves Reynhout
Yves Reynhout is a software developer, consultant, occasional blogger, speaker and trainer. With close to 20 years of experience, he found his niche in helping companies build software products from inception to production, bridging the gap between product owner, technology, team, problems and solutions. He analyzed, designed, documented, fleshed out models, architected solutions into bite-sized portions, wrote automated test specifications at the unit, integration, story, and UI level, wrote code at every layer and tier in the stack, scripted deployments and engaged in the operational side of running software at customer sites, all in order to satisfy requirements and customer happiness. When not working, leisure includes enjoying the beach life, a BBQ and Belgian beers.